Still considering your study options for September 2020? Clearing could be open to you…read on to find out more.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is a service where universities and colleges (like us) fill any places they still have on their courses for the next academic year.
From July 2020, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.
Do I need to use the Clearing system?
The Clearing system is your route to find a suitable course at university or college if:
- you are not holding any offers from universities or colleges you have applied to
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offer
- you are applying after 30 June. While Clearing is usually associated with school leavers looking for a place after exam results, from the end of June, it is the pathway into university for everyone including mature and late applicants.
Clearing is not necessary if you have used the UCAS application system to apply before the 30 June; have been made an active offer from a university or college and have met the conditions made in the offer and you wish to accept it. Remember to check the acceptance process to make sure that your place is secured.
Want more information? Speak to one of our dedicated Course Information Line team on 01463 279190 or message us.
UCAS also offer a Clearing advice line to candidates: 0371 368 0468 (UK callers) or +44 330 333 0230 (if you are calling from outside the UK).
How do I find out which courses have places available?
Whether you know exactly what you’d like to do or you’re still unsure, there is help available to support you to find the right course.
Do some research. Find courses that interest you.
- use the UCAS search tool to find live vacancies
- view our courses at the University of the Highland and Islands
- talk to universities and colleges directly to find out if they have places and if they will make you an offer
- find out about open days. Come and see us
- ask for help and information about which of our courses are available and what qualifications are needed for entry. Contact our dedicated Course Information Line Team on 01463 279190 or send us a message
- read more about Clearing on our ‘What is Clearing’ guide.
More info about us:
The University of the Highlands and Islands, the only university within our region with our partnership of colleges and research institutions, want to let you know WE’RE HERE FOR YOU and we are ready to help you find your own unique learner journey.
We continue to offer a full range of courses for school leavers right through to adult learners, whatever your entry point. You can start where you need to and pause or exit with a qualification when the time is right for you.
By putting you in control of your journey and enabling you to study from wherever you are, you can fit learning around other interests and commitments. Whether you can join us on campus, online or a combination of both, you won’t feel alone as our staff will support you every step of the way.
Our students are at the heart of all we do. Our blended learning approach has connected our student community here and across the world for over 20 years, and we can connect you to fellow students, lecturers, and support services through our:
- video conferencing and online technologies
- face-to-face teaching and support (when and where it is safe to do so)
Visit our website for more information.