Your exam results have at last arrived. You have your results. What now?
Do I need to use the clearing system?
The clearing system is your route to find a suitable course at university or college if you;
- don’t already have a place or an offer that you want to accept
- didn’t meet the conditions of your offer
- did better than anticipated
- no longer wish to accept an existing offer
- are applying after the 30 June
Clearing is not necessary if you have used the UCAS application system to apply before the 30 June; have been made an active offer from a university and have met the conditions made in the offer and you wish to accept it. Do remember to check the acceptance process to make sure that your place is secured.
Want more information? Speak to an adviser at the University of the Highlands and Islands on 01463 279190 or visit our website
UCAS also offer a clearing advice line to candidates: 0371 368 0468 (UK callers) or +44 330 333 0230 (if you are calling from outside the UK).
How do I find out which courses have places available?
Whether you know exactly what you’d like to do or you’re still unsure, there is help available to support you to find the right course.
Do some research. Find courses that interest you.
- use the UCAS search tool to find live vacancies
- view our courses at the University of the Highland and Islands
- talk to universities and colleges directly to find out if they have places and if they will make you an offer
- find out about open days. Come and see us
- ask for help and information about which of our courses are available and what qualifications are needed for entry. Contact our clearing information line on 01463 279190 or visit our website
- contact the Skills Development Scotland’s exam helpline which offers advice on careers and university and college vacancies. The helpline is open from 8am–8pm on 9 and 10 August and 9am–5pm until 17 August. Call 0808 100 8000.
- read our step by step guide
Clearing the path to the career you want
The University of the Highland and Islands is a university of today for the world of tomorrow. The future world of work will require us to be constantly learning, so whatever your stage of life or current qualifications, our campuses across the Highlands and Islands offer opportunities to develop your skills.
Speak to our adviser’s about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. Our distinctive partnership comprises of thirteen independent colleges and research institutions.
We combine academic excellence, vocational training and industry expertise to arm you with the skills employers are looking for. We pride ourselves on our caring and supportive culture to guide you on your unique learning journey.
Our university course information team is here to help you enter your world of tomorrow at one of our local campuses and centres.